WHAT IS RRR?
RRR (Reduce, respect, retrench) is a Sustainable Grape Production based in integrated crop management practices. The protocol provides a certification for both wines and the grapes produced by following its guidelines. The prerequisite for each company is the SQNPI certification (Italian Quality System of Integrated Production) on the whole company production area.
The main goals of the RRR project are:
- To build a sustainable production protocol that could become a model for other Veneto and Italian wine-growing areas;
- To build a training and information program for producers, valid to other wine-growing zones;
- To create a new image of wine, more responsive to social needs;
- To build an element of profitability on the bottles to implement the margin necessary for the livelihood of small and medium-sized companies;
- To draw an image of wholesomeness of the wine produced by the exclusion, in plant protection, of active ingredients that can leave dangerous traces.